Rwanga Awards 2022 was Announced
Baghdad Iraq (March 7, 2022) - Rwanga Foundation announced its Annual Rwanga Awards for the 9th year in a row through a Press Conference.
The event was attended by Mr. Adnan Dirjal - Minister of Youth and Sport, Mr.Alaa Maan - Mayor of Baghdad, Mr. Faris Essa - President of representation office of KRG in Baghdad and Mr. Hasaneen Alsheik - Advisor of Iraqi prime minister for protocol affairs, and a number of artists, activists and representatives of youth organizations. Moreover, certificates of appreciation with given to the supporters of the project during the year 2021.
With the goal of improving and fostering the potential of the youth, Rwanga Awards strives to discover talents, to strengthen confidence and to collect all types of artistic, literary, and scientific projects created and developed throughout the Kurdistan region and Iraq. Rwanga Foundation accepts the submission of Twelve different categories by young people from all over Iraq (including refugees and IDPs) aged between 15 and 25 years. The categories for submission are Short story (Arabic), Short story (Kurdish) , Short film, Recycled art, Scientific innovation, Entrepreneurship, Solo musician, Photography, Drawing, Poetry (Kurdish), Poetry (Arabic), and Software development. To participate, read the provided guidelines in each section. Submissions will be evaluated by a specialized jury for each category. The nominees will be selected by the jury and they will participate in Rwanga Awards final ceremony on November, 2022 and the winners will be awarded in the ceremony.
• Age of the participant: 15-25 years old.
• The product must be original, have been produced during 2022, and have not been published previously.
• Participants can participate with one product only.
• Participant must currently live in Iraq.
• The product must be submitted from March 7th until July 15th, 2022.
• Participants must be prepared for an interview with the evaluation committee.
• Participants must apply a copy of ID card, phone number, and place of residence with the product.
For more information, please visit the Rwanga Awards 2022